The scientific name, description, medicinal action and uses of Mustard Seed are as follows:
Mustard Seed (Brassica Alba). Mustard seeds are from the mustard plant, which is a cruciferous vegetable related to broccoli, Brussels sprouts and cabbage. Mustard is categorized as a food, medicine, spice, and condiment. (Part used: Seed)
- Mustard seed has antioxidant activity and pharmacological effects on cardiovascular disease, cancer, and diabetes.
- Increases energy, restores normal sleep patterns, and boosts immune system.
- Relieves pain, stress, and invigorates the body.
- Accelerates the body's natural healing process.
- Good for many ailments, indigestion, skin problem, and joint pains.
- It is used to treat colds, stomach problems, and ulcers.
- Supports treatment of high blood pressure, anxiety, and hormonal disorder.
- Stimulates blood circulation.
- Increases the metabolism of fat within the body.
- Neutralizes radiation of television sets.
- Contains eight vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber and protien. Also contains plentiful amounts of phytonutrients and enzymes.